Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Overhaul part 4 - Dialouge

 

 

12.30.2020

After the menu options, I wanted to get the dialog in there next. I moved everything over from the test environment. (Which wasn't that much.) I needed a better way to generate text and dialogs. This wasn't done in the test environment.

I decided to go with XML. 

 In the screenshot above, you can see the highlighted string. This broken english will change the variables in game. I like the future idea of users being able to mod content, and create dialogs or characters to interact with. So in theory, a player can choose a choice, which has multiple associated actions. It can alter values for the npc or the player, load other dialogs, start combat or other interactive scenes.

 

Intro: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/interaction-travel-concept-test.html

Part 1: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/overhaul-part-1-combat-elements-a.html

Part 2: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/overhaul-part-2-menu.html

Part 3: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/overhaul-part-3-travel-and-menus.html

Part 4: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/overhaul-part-4-dialouge.html

Part 5: https://castlerockgame.blogspot.com/2020/12/overhaul-part-5-final-notes.html





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.